What is SAS-X.com?
SAS-X.com is a SAS® (e.g: “the SAS® software”) news website based on bloggers content (e.g: A blog aggregator or “meta blog”). The site is intended to help SAS users and bloggers to connect and find each other..
How does SAS-X operate?
This site will aggregate feeds (only with permission!) from participating SAS blogs. The beginnings of each participating blog’s posts will automatically be displayed on the main page; inside every post on this site there is a link to the original blog. All participating blogs will have links in the “Contributors” section in the website’s sidebar navigation.
What does SAS-X offer you?
- Discover (for all): Find new SAS blogs you didn’t know about. And Search in them for the content you want.
- Follow (for people who don’t use RSS): Enter your e-mail and subscribe to receive a daily digest with new posts from participating blogs. You will more easily get a sense of hot topics from the SAS community.
- Participate (for SAS bloggers): Add your SAS related blog to get increased visibility (for readers and search engines) with permanent links on our Contributors sidebar. Your blog will also gain visibility via our e-mail digest and through your presence on the main page with posts.
How do I become a participating blog in SAS bloggers?
To add your blog, simply click on Add your blog! and enter the required information. I will review your link and approve it in a timely fashion.
How can I help?
We share readers to gain readers! If you haven’t already, submit your blog. Please put a link from your blog to SAS-X from your sidebar (we do the same for you); you can even put up a post about us – if each blogger will do so – all of us will gain from it. If you know of other SAS bloggers who are not yet participating, please let them know about the site and urge them to add their blogs.
Who started SAS-X (and why)?
SAS-X was started by Tal Galili. After starting R-bloggers.com, Tal (well, me) decided that such a platform might also prove to be useful to the SAS community. You can reach Tal via the Contact page (or just e-mail him: email@example.com).
- Tal Galili’s blog on R and statistics (In English)
- Tal Galili’s blog (In Hebrew)
- Tal Galili’s blog on statistics (In Hebrew)
Extra Q & A
Q: What about sascommunity.org/planet ?
A: When starting SAS-X, I came to know about the SAScommunity.org planet. After discussing this with several people and giving it much thought, I decided that this site might offer some added value in it’s level of comfort, to what the planet platform offers (such as archive of old posts, search in the posts, and general layout). If you are a blogger I would still suggest you to try and add yourself to that planet also.