SaviDataSet Alpha 1.0 On the Web

February 7, 2010
By
SaviDataSet Alpha 1.0 On the Web

I am finally ready with my SAS dataset reader/writer for .NET. It is written in 100% managed code using .NET 3.5. The dlls can be foundhere.A sample .NET console application can be found in the program file entries after the installation.Update 2/13/20...
Read more »

How to check how the dataset got sorted without looking at the code?

February 7, 2010
By

You can do this manually or programmatically. Manual Approach: Right click on the data set in the explorer and go to properties, then go to the details tab and see the sorted by values (Works only if you use Windows operating system) Programmatic ...
Read more »

SAS implementation of Kernel PCA

February 6, 2010
By

Kernel method is a very useful technique in data mining that is applicable to any algorithms relying on inner product . The key is applying appropriate kernel function to the inner product of original data space. I show here SAS/STAT+BASE ex...
Read more »

Partial Least Square

February 2, 2010
By

In some predictive modelling projects, we may have variables that most of the observations have the same value, while the small percentage rest ones are populated with meaningful values. For example, 90% observations have values=0 but the rest 10% ha...
Read more »

Advice to a New SAS Programmer

January 25, 2010
By

I saw an interesting question posted to Twitter by @sastips. She asked experienced SAS programmers what advice they would give to new or junior SAS programmers. New user advice is always needed. On support.sas.com, we are frequently asked for ad...
Read more »

This page is slow!

January 22, 2010
By

We received several comments noting extremley slow loading pages, especially in the search and browse areas. I checked on the pages and the slowness seemed random and impossible to reproduce. Then I remembered that the world just found out that S...
Read more »

Implementing Gap statistic for clustering number estimation

January 22, 2010
By

Gap statistic is a method used to estimate the most possible number of clusters in a partition clustering, noticeablly k-means clustering. This measurement was originated by Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani, and Guenther Walther, all from Standford U...
Read more »

R AnalyticFlow

January 21, 2010
By

R AnalyticFlow seems to be a nice tool to have a good overview over the analysis. The same kind of mode is available in Orange and SAS Enterprise Guide. I have not tried it yet, though. Does anyone have any experiences with it?Update on 2010-07-31: the...
Read more »

Something to be excited about

January 21, 2010
By

You have probably heard the news by now. SAS is ranked as the #1 best place to work by Fortune Magazine. You can read more about why SAS is ranked #1. But here's my story I have worked at SAS for a long time. Some of my best friends...
Read more »

Welcome!

SAS-X.com offers news and tutorials about the various SAS® software packages, contributed by bloggers. You are welcome to subscribe to e-mail updates, or add your SAS-blog to the site.

Sponsors







Dear readers, proc-x is looking for sponsors who would be willing to support the site in exchange for banner ads in the right sidebar of the site. If you are interested, please e-mail me at: tal.galili@gmail.com
SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc. in the USA and other countries. ® indicates USA registration.